Monday, April 2, 2012

Clean Shrimp Pad Thai

I love Pad Thai but if you are ordering it from your neighborhood Thai place - it is NOT clean.  Here is my take on clean Pad Thai.

Ingredients

1tsp sesame seed oil
2 garlic cloves minced
2 large carrots sliced thinly
1 zucchini julienned
2 cups snow peas
3 cups fresh bean sprouts
5 egg whites
1 pkg rice noodles
1 cup raw shrimp
1 cup chopped green onions
1 tbsp crushed peanuts (garnish - optional)
1/4 cup cilantro (for garnish)




for the sauce:
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 tbsp dark molasses
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 tbsp low sodium Tamari soy sauce
1 tsp fish oil


1. Prepare noodles as per package directions - place on side.
2. Heat 1tsp of sesame seed oil in a wok
3. Add minced garlic and shrimp - cook until shrimp pink.
4. Add carrots and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Create a well in wok and add 5 egg whites - scramble.
6. Add sauce and cook for 3 minutes.
7. Add zucchini, snow peas, bean sprouts, onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
8. Garnish with chopped cilantro and fresh bean sprouts.  Add crushed peanuts if desired.

I like to chop everything up before I start cooking:


I like to serve my Pad Thai with a wedge of lemon and garnish with some crushed peanuts and fresh bean sprouts.  My 6 year old loves this meal!

1 comment:

  1. This blog aware me about different programs which can become very useful for our friends and kids. Few websites provide combined courses and few of the are separately for single subject. Glad to get this information.
    ผล ฟุตบอล ต่าง ประเทศ เมื่อ คืน

    ReplyDelete